Foodstuffs – Pack “n” Save Kaitaia
Construction Start: November 2009
Construction Finish: September 2011
Duration: 22 months
Project Partners: Hargrave PM, Fletcher Construction
Foodstuffs planned a new 5000m2 Pak ‘n Save in Kaitaia to replace the existing store which was the first ever Pak ‘n Save in New Zealand.
- Remoteness of the site.
- The area was a potential flood path on the side of a river.
- Stabilising the river banks to accept major flood levels without impacting the site.
- Rebuilding SH 1 along the site and adding a roundabout.
- Multiple resource consents, NZTA and other territorial authority consents were required.
- Earthworks had to be done in the summer season, from Oct-May only, while the store itself had to be built between Jan-Sept 2011.
- Foodstuffs requested local labour where possible.
Hargrave ensured close liaison and tracking with the territorial authorities to help facilitate consents and managed multiple contracts in order to deliver a very successful project.
- Delivered on time and under budget
- Ensured logistical and site challenges successfully overcome.
The project was delivered on time and significantly under budget despite the array of challenges posed by the site.